The minor is designed to train the next generation of terrorism analysts, including students who plan to pursue graduate study related to terrorism as well as employment in the federal, state, local, non-profit, and/or private sectors. The program is part of the University of Maryland’s Global Studies program, alongside the minors in International Development and Conflict Management, Global Poverty, and International Engineering.
START accepts applications to the program from University of Maryland undergraduates once per calendar year during the spring semester. Students from all colleges and majors are encouraged to apply. The deadline for the application is in February.
The minor program is limited to 30 students per cohort. Eligible students must be the following requirements:
- 30 university credits completed with at least 15 credits awarded by the University of Maryland
- Strong academic record (minimum GPA of 3.0 preferred)
- At least three full semesters remaining at the University of Maryland after gaining admission prior to graduation
- One completed application
- One of the applicant's one-page resume
- One copy of the applicant's unofficial transcript
- One completed faculty recommendation form
For more information about the minor program, please visit the START website.
If you have any questions, seeking advice or scheduling an appointment, please contact Marcella Morris, the Undergraduate Education Coordinator and advisor for the Global Terrorism Minor, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-405-7019
Advising is by appointment only. When scheduling an appointment, please bring the following items:
- One copy of four-year plan
- One copy of unofficial transcript