START's Graduate Certificate in Terrorism Analysis provides participants with advanced education on the causes, dynamics, and impacts of international and domestic terrorism. Participants also develop the methodological skills necessary to pursue advanced research on and analysis of terrorism. This program is appropriate for both academicians and practitioners and is flexible in structure. Students can complete the program in as little as 12 months to 24 months. For a more detailed virtual information packet, please fill out the form here.
Eligible applicants must have earned a four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally-accredited U.S. institution, or an equivalent degree at a foreign university. A 3.0 GPA is preferred, but experience may substitute. GRE scores are not required.
- For Spring 2017 Entry: January 12, 2017 (Domestic and International Deadline)
- For Fall 2017 Entry: July 26, 2017 (Domestic and International Deadline)
Information for International Graduate Students
The University of Maryland is dedicated to maintaining a vibrant international graduate student community. We encourage applications from international students, however as a fully online program, we are not able to sponsor any educational visa for travel to the University of Maryland.
International students must demonstrate proficiency in the English language through the TOEFL, PTE, or IELTS. For a list of exempt countries, minimum scores, and admission under English language conditions, please visit the new English Language Proficiency requirements website here. For more clarification for these requirements for the Graduate Certificate in Terrorism Analysis, please contact email@example.com.
Resources for Graduate Certificate Students
- For answers to Frequently Asked Questions, click here.
- For information regarding the Schedule Adjustment Policies at the University of Maryland, click here.
- You are eligible to download software systems through UMD's Terpware catalog. Do you need SPSS or Microsoft Office for a course but do not want to pay for it? Download it here, for free with your UMD account information!
- The following site will allow you access to: Class Registration, Unofficial Transcripts, Transcript Requests, Academic Calendars, and General Billing Information: Testudo.
- If a third party/sponsor (i.e. private agency, government agency, etc.) is taking care of your billing, click here for more information: UMD Bursar.
Meet Your Professors!
Click on your professor's link to learn more about their background and research interests.
- Dr. Cory Davenport, BSST630
- Dr. Katherine Izsak, BSST631
- Dr. Peter Weinberger, BSST 632
Involvement with START Outside of the Classroom!
Are you interested in the research START does? Interact with the different Topics and Datasets created and analyzed by the Researchers at START.
If you are in the area, check out the upcoming events hosted at START! Don't worry, there are also some virtual events as well. Check them out, here.
Connect with START via social media:
Get Acquainted to the University of Maryland
Check out the University of Maryland's Independent Student Newspaper, The Diamondback, for news on the campus community, current events, and student opinions on major issues.
Looking to get involved in campus events? Access the UMD Student Union Event Calendar for an outline of Lecture Series, Networking Events, and more occurring this semester!
Additionally, as a Graduate Student at UMD you have priority access to sporting event tickets. Visit the UM Athletics site for sports schedules and ticket information!